Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Friday, December 28, 2012

[Boston] Pinocchio's Pizza and Subs

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLocation Review
74 Winthrop Street
Harvard Square
617-876-4897


So where are all my Suits fans at? If you've never seen this show then you need to immediately stop what you're doing, and start watching it. No jokes. But if you have watched the show and are as big of a fan as I am, then you'll recall one of the episodes (S01E07 I believe) where Louis Litt quizzes all the interns. You may be wondering how this has anything to do with food, but the last question ended up being "Where is the best pizza in Harvard?" Louis would later reveal that the best place in his opinion is a hole in the wall establishment called Pinocchio's Pizza and Subs.

Now obviously these are all fictional characters, but these scripts must have been approved by an editor or director, which somewhat substantiates this claim. So off I go with my sister and my boyfriend to try out what must be a Haravard University student's staple!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pinocchio's Pizza and Subs



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ordering Counter

We arrive near lunch time and the place is busting with people. I guess when you put a good pizza spot near a high concentration of hungry university students, you're bound to draw a crowd! It didn't feel nearly as packed as Mikes Pastry though, and infinitely more orderly.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A small area to sit and eat



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Wall

Hung up on the walls are some nostalgic Harvard and Boston area posters, and pictures of notable visitors. Among them include Mark Zuckerberg!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mark Zuckerberg's Favourite Pizza Spot

Spotted and now forever framed, is Mark Zuckerberg (@finkd) indulging at his favourite pizza joint. How cool is it that I may have been sitting in the exact same chair he was?



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Zucchini ($2.50)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sicilian ($2.50)

What baffled me was the fact that sauce did not cone standard on all pizzas. The Zucchini Pizza to me was a glorified cheesy bread. But what did make all the difference was the dough. Crunchy and just the right amount of chewy that you want in a pizza crust. With my affinity to tomato sauce on pizza, I naturally preferred the Sicilian Pizza. It comes with just tomato sauce and cheese but it was oh-so satisfying on that Pinocchio's pizza dough.



Quick, delicious, and at $2.50 a slice, you can't go wrong. Thanks for the recommendation Mr. Litt! Now who says TV isn't educational?




Pinocchio's Pizza & Subs on Urbanspoon