Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hue's Kitchen

Review Location:
774 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario

This place is pretty close to where I work so once in a while I would grab lunch here. They self-proclaim themselves to have the best pho in Toronto, so of course I had to try. This place is really nice and clean unlike most Vietnamese places, and is very spacious. The decor is upscale and serene compared to most other take out or quick-lunch places in this area. It’s got a patio for the summer time, and an upstairs dining room for when it gets really really busy. I hear the wait and kitchen staff speaking Vietnamese, so it’s comforting to know that everything should be pretty authentic.

Vermicelli with Grilled Chicken and Spring Roll

There was nothing too stellar about the vermicelli order. Everything was pretty standard if not sub-par. The chicken was a bit on the dry size, and the noodles tasted like they weren't drained properly. As a result, it tasted like there was way too much diluted flavorless fish sauce. The spring roll was alright taste-wise, but could have been fried a little crispier. I guess the portion is considered large considering it's price and the restaurant's prime location in the Yorkville area.

Large Rare Beef Pho

The pho on the other hand, was one of the better pho’s I’ve had. The soup didn’t taste full of MSG and the meat was really tender and good quality. It said on the menu that they serve AAA angus beef. I did notice though, that at the end of the meal, the insides of several pieces of meat were still a little pink. I guess the soup wasn't quite as hot as it should have been. Other than that, really delicious!

So in the end, this place is really kind of hit and miss. Some of my coworkers tell me that other than the pho and roti dishes (they have a small variety of indian dishes too), nothing else is above average. Apparently the bubble tea is horrid as well. I guess you can't win them all.


Hue's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment