Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

[Seattle] Blazing Onion Burger Company

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLocation Review
3000 184th St SW, Suite 840
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Phone (425) 640-9100


A short family trip to Seattle during my west coast vacation brought me to Alderwood Mall for a bit of American shopping. My cousins and I roamed the mall, and really worked up an appetite. Naturally our noses found the food court, and we were presented with a couple rows of food court stalls, most of which didn't seem to appetizing. We were just about to skip dinner and continue shopping when in the very corner, we saw an entrance to the Blazing Onion Burger Company (@BlazingOnion)

We went inside, and it ended up being a full fledged restaurant, serving American style burgers. And to be honest, there really was nothing more I wanted after a long day of sightseeing and shopping than some good old American style food. Burgers? Bring it!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Alderwood Blazing Onion

The Blazing Onion is a Washington-based franchise offering a unique style of gourmet burgers. There are two ways that you can dine at their restaurants. The first is to order at the counter right at the front of the restaurant. There is a gigantic menu spanning the entire wall. Once you order and pay, you sit down in the restaurant area, where your food is brought to your table. The Alderwood mall location is equipped with lots of big screen TVs, electronic service buttons, and Coca Cola Freestyle machines that dispense up to 100 types of soft drinks.


So it all sounds pretty cool right? Well it is. Except it's too bad I didn't manage to get a seat in the dining room. Instead, my cousins and I were seated in the bar area, which like all any other full waiter service restaurant. No matter though, because my tummy was grumbling and I was just happy to eat! :)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Full Service Bar Area


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Menu

The menu is relatively simple, a two sided laminated sheet. But ordering is no simple task. Burgers, sandwiches, salads, entrees, there are so many options! I had a hard time just deciding between burgers, because each had such interesting toppings and combination of sauces. I had a lot of help from our waiter which luckily was more than friendly. And it goes to shoe there's definitely something for everyone!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Gorgonzola Steak Salad ($10.79) - Romain lettuce, creamy blue cheese, crumbled peppercorn bacon, Gorgonzola cheese, tomato, red onion and red peppers.

A massive salad loaded with everything in the description. It's a solid salad, but considering all the meat I would consume in my burger, I think I could've done without the steak. Not to mention it was quite over-cooked and not all that enjoyable.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

California Bacon Burger ($10.49) -Swiss cheese, fresh guacamole, thick cut peppered bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and BOB sauce



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Inside of the California Bacon Burger



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Buffalo Burger ($11.29) -Ground Buffalo, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onion, BOB sauce and Blazing Onion BBQ


While the meat from the salad wasn't great, the burger patties were the exact opposite. Perfectly cooked, and extremely juicy. The burgers come towering with layers of toppings, making it pretty messy to eat. I literally had bbq sauce dripping down my hand! But I didn't mind, and thought it really added to the overall experience.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Inside of the Buffalo Burger

I was a little iffy about ordering buffalo meat at first, but I actually loved the Buffalo Burger. It's similar to beef, but much leaner and more flavourful. Really liked the texture!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Bill



Verdict: A great burger place with friendly service, affordable price, and huge portions. Definitely a great location to satisfy any burger craving. Two greasy thumbs up from me! :)



Blazing Onion Burgers (Alderwood Mall) on Urbanspoon