Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

[Yorkville] MBCo

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usReview Location:
100 Bloor St W
Toronto, ON
(416) 961-6226


Despite working relatively close to Yorkville, I am not one to say that I've tried much of the food in the area. Many establishments offer dine-in meals, which may not be very accommodating to a typical individual's one hour lunch timeframe. Enter  MBCo (Montreal Bread Company) : a lunch-friendly spot right at a convenient location in Yorkville. Coupled with the fact that my co-worker, Gary has been advocating the MBCo quesadillas for a while now, naturally I wound up here on a Friday with him for a mid-day meal.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Montreal Bread Company

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
MBCo

Staring right at you when you enter is a long display case of pre-made sandwiches, baked goods, and desserts that they plate and re-heat upon order. Against the clean white decor, everything looked so vivid and delicious, I wanted to order everything!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Looking out to thebeautiful Yorkville

I think with a good book and a drink, I could sit here for hours. I love that it looks onto (what I call) the "Rock Garden" of Yorkville Park.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chicken and Brie Quesadilla ($12)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shrimp and Lobster Quesadilla ($15) -with aged cheddar served with a caper salsa


To be honest, both quesadillas tasted quite similar. They must have used similar ingredients in both. There's a bit of seafood flare in the Shrimp and Lobster Quesadilla but it is largely covered up by the prominent seasoning. What I loved about these quesedillas is that they don't come pre-smeared with sauce, but on an over-sized ceramic spoon on your plate. I feel the price tag is a bit steep for the food, but nothing that isn't expected given its prime location.


Verdict: There are probably better places to eat in Yorkville, but the thought of a latte and a creme brulee on their charming courtyard patio is probably enough to eventually lure me back.




Mbco on Urbanspoon