Recently in my Belly...

● ...Recently in my Belly... ●

Contact Me

For inquiries, suggestions, comments, or anything else: EDBmary@gmail.com

Friday, November 29, 2013

[San Francisco] Jasper's Corner Tap

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usLocation Review
401 Taylor Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Website


You know you're Canadian when you order the two most patriotic consumables down south in America. You know what I'm talking about. Poutine, and beer.

One of my nights in San Franciso, I had a late night rendez-vous with my currently-residing-in-America-but-Canadian-at-heart friend, Joanne. The outcome? A trip to Jasper's Corner Tap (@JaspersSF) for the aformentioned Canadian eats. I guess you never really grow out of being Canadian, eh?


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jasper's Corner Tap



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thick Cut Poutine ($9) - brown mushroom gravy, cheese curds

First up is the Poutine which came with a promising appearance. Cheese curds? That's a good start. I liked the fries and gravy, but as a whole it definitely didn't stack up to the real deal from back home in Canada. It wasn't "comfort food" enough, but it'll do as a temporary craving fix.


To wash down the poutine we ordered a couple drinks. They have a great selection of beers, but I resorted to a fruity cocktail.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Smoked Peach($11) - Black Grouse Whiskey, Laphroaig 10 yr Single Malt Scotch, sherry, lemon, honey, peaches

Fruity but VERY strong.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Beer Float ($8) - malted milk ice cream, malt candy, Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout

I've had plenty of root beer floats before, but a scoop of ice cream in beer would definitely be a first for me. This definitely belongs on the dessert menu. The beer itself has some coffee undertones making this resemble a frappucino of sorts.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Assembling the Beer Float



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Jasper's Corner Tap

We ended up staying here until it emptied out at closing time. I really enjoyed my time here. It had a great vibe and was a great spot to grab some drinks and hang out. Thanks Joanne for bringing us here! :)






Jasper's on Urbanspoon